I am a PR Rep and PAO. (SEE: (blogs): highvizpr,abbebuckpr, abbebuckpublicaffairs); Twitter). YES, politics + info-tainment are ruling the day; W/ micro-blogging speeding the process of plow and share ten-fold, I share PR POV right here, welcoming all Q & A. To find out more about my line, "GOOGLE" (of course!)/ get in touch. (Still) TOPICAL QUOTE: "We are living in an age of Publicity" -Will Rogers (1924) ~~(Some things just never change!) # # #

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Abbe's message to Mel Gibson (by way of Army Archerd and Larry Gelbart)

Mel Gibson, will you work in this town again? Absolutely. Allan Nierob is spinning apologies like mad -- and with all of this publicity! This is a town that of FULL OF YES, that loves the infamy of a big fat comeback. The old guard Jews are dying. But they do have one big fat last hurrah about Jew haters.

Face it baby. You are a racist. You are a JEW HATER, JEW BAITER. Not merely an "anti-semite", because semites are also Jihad,Hezbollah, Lebanese, Iranian, Arabian and anyone of that ilk that came from the PROMISED LAND, B.C. You just hate the CHOSEN PEOPLE. MY PEOPLE. And your father is wrong. There was a holocaust. My distant cousins DIED IN THOSE OVENS, you fucking idiot!

I am a Jew. Period. And so many hate me! I remember swatzikas in the 60's on the wall at our rec center in Niles, Ilinois when I was just eight years old. WHY? I am now Mel's age. I thought it would surely go away. After reading Larry and Army, surely it has NOT.

Now for Army and Larry, who went to Lakeview HighSchool with my Dad, Marvin (that is too cool!)"


---Abbe Buck, APR

= = = =

Army Archerd for Variety « Jack and Marlon Main What's killing the biz? »

Message to Mel from Larry

Larry Gelbart sent this message to me for Mel:

"Icon Productions, indeed. You managed to con everyone, sir. Including those of your own faith.The Jewish people, who managed to survive Goebbels, will survive one more Mel-content, one who already has a cocktail named after him.The leaders of this community, with rare exception, have contracted a case of laryngitis in this matter, largely choosing not to speak out against a man who so stokes the bonfires of bigotry.When the people who feel exactly the same way that Mel Gibson feels come to take us and families to the ovens, they make absolutely no distinction between those who spoke out and those who chose to play it safe."


((( P.S. Larry also told me: "The reason ABC canceled Mel Gibson's new version of the holocaust -- in his version, the Jews killed six million Nazis.")))

ARMY ARCHERD ALSO SAYS: Congrats Larry. And to those who had been reading my column all these years, you learned Mel's feelings beyond question. So much so that two years ago, Mel's longtime agent Ed Limato politely disinvited me from his annual Oscar party fearing my presence might embarrass his guest and client, Mel Gibson.

# # #

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

1 comment:

Abbe Buck, PA, PR, PM, OM said...

-----Original Message-----
From: Abbe Buck (HighViz PR) [mailto:abbe@highvizconsulting.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:10 AM
To: *********
Subject: My Dad is Marvin Miller from Kildare Avenue and Marshall High School
Importance: High

Dear Larry Gelbart,

You happened to be the subject of my blog the other day, about Mel Gibson. When I saw what you had to say on IMDB (by way of Army Archerd), I was inspired, sir! Thank you!

And, like a dutiful daughter, I promptly sent it to my Dad, Marvin Miller. He has always followed the history of the Jews, past and present, and is particularly angered by that idiot (for lack of a better word) Mel Gibson (as are many, many others!) I send my dad copies of my blog and news on the “net” a couple of times a week now. I had known for many years that you had known my Dad in grammar school (Bryant) and high school (Marshall, although in the blog I say Lakeview – and Frankie Laine went there!) This is the first time I make mention of it. I knew that my Dad would want to see what you had to say – and he was glad!

I know Army because he picked up a story I gave to Variety in 2003 for Peter Ford, lobbying the motion picture academy to have his father Glenn Ford receive a lifetime achievement Oscar. I read Army’s blog almost every day.

My Dad wanted to say hello, and since he does not e-mail, I am writing this for him (smile)If you would like to say hi to Marv, he is doing okay and living in the Ivy Apartments in Chicago. I talk to him every day. His cell number is ***********.

Here is the blog:
http://abbebuckpr.blogspot.com/2006/08/abbes-message-to-mel-gibson-by-way-of.html


Thanks, Larry, and thanks for “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to The Forum” (my fave!”)

Abbe B., Marvin Miller’s daughter


HighVizPR www.highvizpr.com
Abbe Buck, Publicist
1-800-380-2825 (office)
website: www.highvizpr.com
weblogs: www.highvizpr.blogspot.com,
www.abbebuckpr.blogspot.com

NEWS: HighVizPR's Podcast Auburn University