I am a PR Rep and PAO. (SEE: (blogs): highvizpr,abbebuckpr, abbebuckpublicaffairs); Twitter). YES, politics + info-tainment are ruling the day; W/ micro-blogging speeding the process of plow and share ten-fold, I share PR POV right here, welcoming all Q & A. To find out more about my line, "GOOGLE" (of course!)/ get in touch. (Still) TOPICAL QUOTE: "We are living in an age of Publicity" -Will Rogers (1924) ~~(Some things just never change!) # # #

Friday, August 11, 2006

a potentially damned fine interview aborted - those hollyweird tee-vee idiots do it again

.
-----Original Message-----
From: Frances Kuffel [mailto: * * * * * * * * * * * ]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:53 AM
To: adorable me
Subject: la-la land

Having your book turned into a movie is like seeing your oxen turned into bouillon cubes.

John Le Carré

+++

I went to Los Angeles for 62 hours to do a new talk show. I had been cut from the script. I got home at 1 a.m. & am now, barely, mobile, off to collect Boomer & reunite with Daisy. I feel like Anna Karenina if she'd
survived the train.

Or maybe I feel like a bouillon cube sitting in a pool of boiling water...

love, frances

-------------------------------------


Frances Kuffel ("Passing for Thin") was out in LA to do an interview and possibly(?) to secure rights for having a movie made from her great book (her book was my and many others inpirations to KICK flour + sugar and addiction food + eating). (NOTE: I have found since from Frances' comment that this was not the case...)

So, she does this talk show, natch, then gets cut! MORONS! She is making the right news. The right message. But do they get it? Nope. (this is way beyond "The Beverly Hills Diet" meets "Jenny Craig" I guess...) Am I surprised? Nope. That is why I did my little good deed for The Society of Singers, Glenn Ford, Agua Caliente in Palm Springs and then, QUIT. I am not cut out for LA, although I would like to walk on the red carpet just once in my lifetime for s---s and giggles! I do so love driving the Pacific Coast Highway, too.

Frances' message matters. I am proud to say that I gave an interview that she used as part of the pitch for her next book -- which is what happens to us who do try to deal with the addiction to food/certain foods, lose weight, and then...fall...off ...the wagon....and many of us do! The important thing is that we get back on! It can be painful, but it can also be glorious! The IMPORTANT thing is that there is no reason to give up, we need to TRY.

My little story was part of Frances' book pitch to her publisher (thanks, Frances, it was my pleasure (smile) --) for I lost 140 once upon a time, gained it back and more! ---and have just RE-LOST my 103rd pound after many years. But this time I am dealing with more than just a diet or a weight loss club "CLUB". They don't last for a person like me. I am, dealing day in and day out with an addictive dis-ease, period.

Abbe B. - 103 to-day.

# # #

1 comment:

Frances Kuffel said...

One correction, Abbe: I wasn't there to secure a movie deal for my book. There's never been any interest in the film rights. Also, I kept telling the people who were interviewing me for the episode that while they were doing a weight loss segmentm its focus wasn't really my bailiwick, although I was happy to give them my feedback. My second to the last conversation with them before they called to say there were plane reservations waiting was that I was "chill" with not going out.

In the interests of truth & fairness, I have to add this.

Frances