I am a PR Rep and PAO. (SEE: (blogs): highvizpr,abbebuckpr, abbebuckpublicaffairs); Twitter). YES, politics + info-tainment are ruling the day; W/ micro-blogging speeding the process of plow and share ten-fold, I share PR POV right here, welcoming all Q & A. To find out more about my line, "GOOGLE" (of course!)/ get in touch. (Still) TOPICAL QUOTE: "We are living in an age of Publicity" -Will Rogers (1924) ~~(Some things just never change!) # # #

Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Me, Mongo..... Me just Pawn in Game of Life"

.
Such is life. Richard Pryor wrote that great line. As communicator - diplomat - ranconteur - connector - gadfly - facilitator - publicist - wannabe vocalist - lobbyist aide de camp, I am what I am, and today in my role I am Mongo. And I am proud!

Ya know, you had to see Blazing sADDLES TO GET IT. i SAW IT BACK IN 1974. i FELL OUT OF MY SEAT AT the Bryn Mawr theater. I was with Ben, my kid brother. I will never, ever forget it. Funniest movie I ever saw.

http://www.filmsite.org/blaz.html

# # #

2 comments:

Abbe Buck, PA, PR, PM, OM said...

I was working for a man named -----________ at _________, and I was a pawn at the job -- this guy did not know what he wanted--- he wanted to grow the company, but would keep impeding progress. When the 'voice of the turtle" pointed this out to him, pffffffffffft! He pulled a donald trump on me -- and made me the pawn, period.

That's show biz kids - plus --GET THIS -- he has a woman who runs his communication dept. who his hr mgr likes to refer to as "worm-tongue" (LOTR) ! -- LOL! -and THEY HAVE HAD ONLY 4--COUNT 'EM -- 4 PRESS RELEASEES SINCE 2004!

Good God, am I glad I am OUT!

Abbe Buck, PA, PR, PM, OM said...

OH, MY GOD, DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE I WORKED, AND WHO THEY ARE????

E-MAIL ME@